Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Connection is colorful

About a month ago, a friend of mine encouraged me to join facebook in order to share thoughts and life with friends. To my surprise, my friends list grew quickly and I even made some new friends in just a month. Now I really enjoyed visiting it daily and think this is a wonderful tool to connect people. My background is chemistry, so I seem to only think in chemical way. In nature, when two elements, say H and O, are combined into H2O(water), the resulting molecule possesses completely different properties than the two elements alone and can serve to the world different purpose. Water can quench thirst, but neither H nor O could. A world with only elements is very dull and monotonous. It is molecules (combination of elements) make our world colorful and interesting. Same is true to human society, as I perceive it. When individual human beings remain individually, although he/she certainly can serve to the need of the world (society) just like H or O have certain usages, the scope is very limited. It is when individuals are connected, the world starts to become vivid and different achievements can be realized. And this facebook and all other modern tools are such fantastic means to connect people in a way never before seen in human history. I can only imagine what this connection will eventually bring to the development of our society. Let’s keep trying to connect to each other, and see what color we shall bring to the world :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers,
Thank you for spending time to read my post.
Please share your thoughts here if your heart is touched.
Have a good day,
Le