Sunday, August 5, 2012

Diary of 2012 Summer Trip (4)


7-22-2012
I am waiting at Prague airport to check in and fly to Tel Aviv and then to Haifa.

Life is such a mystery unfolding each day and we don’t know for sure to where it will lead us. It never stops amazing me that I and my whole family would one day come to visit the Holy Land as pilgrims. Growing up in China as atheist, finding God that is believable to me via a Muslim classmate in Prague, then in Rolla Missouri joining Christian church and finally finding my heart desire in Baha’i Faith, the journey traversed half the world and involved more than 15 years of search. We had many aspirations and expectations from life when we were young, many (almost all) proved to be, if not false, at least misperceptions about ourselves and about life. One thing we realized as life proceeding, it is in relation to God that the value of all things is evaluated and determined. At the end of 2007, our whole family came to Haifa Israel as pilgrims for the first time, also the last time as family, which was, in my opinion, our consummate achievement we, as a family, could ever attain.

7-22-2012 evening
I landed in Tel Aviv this afternoon and took sherut to Haifa this evening. The street (Ben Gurion) I am staying at is right in front of Baha'i Garden on Mount Carmel.  The Shrine of the Bab and the terraces are luminous through dark background, which is true in both literal and symbolic sense. It’s hard to believe I am here in this land again, onto which so many historical stories happened and recorded, so many prophecies had been made, so many hopes had been and still be placed and through which all prophecies have been fulfilled, even though not been recognized by the still sleepy populace yet.

This is the Holy and mystic Land.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers,
Thank you for spending time to read my post.
Please share your thoughts here if your heart is touched.
Have a good day,
Le